The San Mateo County History Museum, formerly the old San Mateo County Courthouse
Would you make a good Grand Juror? Can you say yes to the following questions?
· Are you a good listener?
· Are you interested in trying to increase the efficiency of local governments and save taxpayer’s dollars?
· Are you willing to serve without personal gains or hidden agendas?
· Have you the stamina to commit yourself to a full year of productive work?
· Can you keep a secret?
· Can you cooperate with 18 other diverse personalities?
· Can you ask thoughtful questions, review documents and help write lucid reports?
· Can you chair a committee?
· Can you devote a minimum of 20 hours of service per week?
· Can you attend a minimum of six daytime meetings or field trips and two general meetings per month?
If you can say yes to all of the above questions, the San Mateo County Superior Court invites you to submit an application for consideration for service on the 2011-2012 Grand Jury. Applications are now available and will be accepted until April 8, 2011.The next Grand Jury term commences July 1, 2011 and ends June 30, 2012.
Any resident of San Mateo County for more than one year, who is a citizen of the United States, 18 years of age or older, of sound judgment and good character, with sufficient knowledge of the English language, is eligible for selection by the Appointed Grand Jury Advisor, the Honorable Gerald J. Buchwald of the San Mateo County Superior Court. Elected public officials are not eligible.
The Court encourages all interested individuals to apply. The Court strives to obtain a cross section of the county population. After the completion of an interview process by Judge Buchwald, jurors will be selected through a random draw.
Application forms can be obtained by writing the Grand Jury Clerk, Court Executive Office, 400 County Center, Redwood City, CA 94063 or by telephoning 650-599-1200. You may also obtain applications from Barbara Arietta, President of the San Mateo County Grand Jurors Association by emailing email@example.com or by calling 415-246-0775.