- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
2015-2022 Housing Element
The City of Brisbane is currently updating its Housing Element, one of the seven State-mandated elements of the City's General Plan. The Housing Element addresses various housing issues as required by State law and is subject to review by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). The Housing Element must be periodically updated to show the City's plans to adequately meet its existing and projected housing needs, including its fair share of the regional housing needs allocation, and to ensure consistency with new legislation.
Below is the final draft of the 2015-2022 Housing Element for review and will be presented at the City Council meeting on October 2, 2014.
The Planning Commission embarked on the process to update the Housing Element by providing study sessions throughout 2014:
4/24: Chapter III “Land Inventory & Identification of Adequate Sites for Regional Housing Needs” & Appendices E & F
6/12: Continuation (Part 2) of Chapter III “Land Inventory & Identification of Adequate Sites for Regional Housing Needs” & Appendix F
7/10: Continuation (Part 3) of Chapter III "Land Inventory & Identification of Adequate Sites for Regional Housing Needs" & Appendix F
8/28: Public Hearing
For additional background information:
- City of Brisbane's 2007-2014 Housing Element
- Draft Environmental Initial Study/Negative Declaration (7/28/14)
- Brisbane Demographics and Housing Needs
- US Census Bureau: 2010 Demographic Profile
- US Census Bureau: 2008-2012 American Community Survey
- Association of Bay Area Governments: Projections and Priorities 2009
- Association of Bay Area Governments: Jobs-Housing Connection Strategy
- Association of Bay Area Governments: Affordable Housing Funding Gap Analysis
- HCD: State Income Limits for 2014
While the Housing Element must address specific State statutory requirements, it is ultimately a local plan and should reflect the vision and priorities of the community. If you would like to be added to the City's e-mail distribution list to receive news and information related to the 2015-2022 Housing Element, please send an e-mail to Angel Ibarra in the Planning Department at email@example.com