- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
The Planning division of the Community Development Department is responsible for long range and current planning issues. We are here to answer all your questions regarding zoning for a property, the General Plan, Planning Commission or anything else related to planning in Brisbane.
The City of Brisbane is currently updating its Housing Element to address the planning period for 2015-2022. It is one of the seven State-mandated elements of the City's General Plan. For more information, please go to the 2015-2022 Housing Element webpage.
Staff and Contact Info
- John Swiecki | Community Development Director | (415) 508-2120 | email@example.com
- Ken Johnson | Senior Planner | (415) 508-2120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia Capasso | Associate Planner | (415) 508-2120 | email@example.com
- Trisha Taylor | Administrative Assistant | (415) 508-2120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angel Ibarra | Office Specialist | (415) 508-2120 | email@example.com
- General Inquiries | Contact Form | (415) 508-2120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Commission: The Planning Commission is appointed by, and serves as an advisory body to, the City Council on planning and development issues. It is the primary decision making body for planning applications. Further Planning Commission information, including notices, agendas and minutes are provided on the Planning Commission page.
Zoning Map and General Plan Land Use Map
- Zoning District Handouts
- Sierra Point Design Guidelines
- Planning Permit Applications: Includes the planning application forms, tree permits, fee schedule and supplemental checklists for permit submission.
- Landscaping Requirements
- General Plan / General Plan Update
- 2007-2014 Housing Element
- Zoning Administrator: The Zoning Administrator function is carried out by the Planning Director, who hears and decides certain planning applications.
- Outline of Potential Development Projects & Sites
- Storm Water Updates and Requirements on projects
Habitat Conservation Plan: The San Bruno Mountain Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) was authorized by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the HCP plan operator is the County of San Mateo. Certain areas of Brisbane are within the HCP boundaries and therefore development plans within these areas require environmental review/biological assessment in addition to the usual planning permits that would be required. The HCP extends into the following Brisbane planning areas: Northeast Ridge, Northwest Bayshore, Brisbane Acres, Southwest Bayshore, Quarry, Owl and Buckeye Canyons. For further information on development requirements within the HCP contact City planning staff.
Property Information: General property information, such as assessed value and recorded maps, may be obtained through the County Assessor or Recorders Offices, via the following link: http://www.smcare.org, or at their offices at 555 County Center, Redwood City. For more detailed site information, the City's files may be reviewed at the Building & Planning Counter, at City Hall, 50 Park Place.
To be included in future email updates please enter and submit your email address on the email submission page.