- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
Caltrain Scoping Meetings
The Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain) issued a Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report Assessment (EIR) for Caltrain’s Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The project would electrify the Peninsula Corridor from San Francisco’s 4th and King Caltrain Station to approximately the Tamien Caltrain Station in San Jose, convert diesel-hauled to Electric Multiple Unit trains, and increase service up to six Caltrain trains per peak hour per direction by 2019.
While the electrification project itself does not include high speed rail service, the EIR cumulative analysis will conceptually evaluate future blended service of Caltrain and high-speed rail on the Caltrain Peninsula Corridor.
Caltrain is currently requesting interested individuals’ or organizations’ views on the scope of the environmental document.
Written responses and comments on the scope of the Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project EIR will be accepted until 5 pm on March 18, 2013. Please send written comments to:
Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain)
Attn: Stacy Cocke, Senior Planner
1250 San Carlos Ave.
P.O. Box 3006
San Carlos, CA 94070-1306
Your comments may also be sent by email to email@example.com. Please include the “Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project” in the subject heading.
Four public scoping meetings are scheduled in late February, at the times and dates listed below.
- Caltrain Office, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 1250 San Carlos Ave., San Carlos
• Open House 3pm-6 pm, Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013
• Public Scoping Meeting 6pm-8 pm, Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013
- Palo Alto City Hall, City Council Chambers, 250 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto, 6pm-8pm, Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority Headquarters, Auditorium, 3331 N. First St., San Jose, 6pm-8pm, Tuesday, Mar. 5, 2013
- San Francisco City Hall, Board of Supervisors Chambers, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, 6pm-8pm, Thursday, Mar. 7, 2013
The scoping meetings will provide opportunities for the lead agency to explain the project and to give interested agencies, organizations and individuals additional opportunities to comment on the scope and content of the EIR.