- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
Applying for a Building Permit
On October 1st, 2012, the City changed over from a paper to an electronic building permit system. The new system allows the public to initiate and manage a variety of building permit requests and activities through a centralized web portal, provided below.
- Apply for a Building Permit (For projects that will replace or create impermeable surface (new building rooftops, paving, etc.), please see the following webpage for more Stormwater Information. for projects that will include architectural copper, please see the flyer for architectural copper requirements and best management practices)
- Check the Status of a Building Permit Application
- Schedule an Inspection (Monday to Thursday afternoons or Friday mornings)
For those applicants who want to apply for a pemit at City Hall, a computer station is available at the Building Permit counter.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, please contact Trisha Taylor, Administrative Assistant, at (415) 508-2120.
To apply for a permit at City Hall, located at 50 Park Place, using the City's dedicated computer station, the counter hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am-5pm
Building Permit Fees & Estimators
Commercial Permit Fee Estimators:
- New Buildings, Tenant Improvements, Repairs - (Excel file)
- Tenant Improvements, Repairs Only (Excel file)
Residential Permit Fee Estimators: