- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
The Finance Department is tasked with providing overall financial administration to the City of Brisbane. The duties carried out by the Finance Department include: accounting, accounts payable, budgeting and long-term financial planning, business licenses, information technology, revenue collection, payroll, and utility billing for water and sewer services.
Staff and Contact Info
- Stuart Schillinger | Administrative Services Director | (415) 508-2151 | email@example.com
- Carolina Yuen | Financial Services Manager | (415) 508-2152 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caroline Cheung | Senior Management Analyst (Community Engagement/Special Projects) | (415) 508-2157 | email@example.com
- Albert Duro | IT Manager | (415) 508-2155 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to File or Renew Your Business License?
Online filing for new business licenses and 2016 business license renewals are now available at www.bizlicenseonline.com !
2015-16 Budget-in-Brief now available
For a general overview of the Budget, please click here to view the 2015-16 Budget-in-Brief.
Use Tax - Why, When, and How It Should be Paid
Residents and businesses can use Mastercard or Visa in City Hall to pay their water and sewer bills at the Finance Counter, in addition to paying for permits issued through the Community Development and/or Public Works Departments. The Finance Counter is on the left as you come in through the main entrance of City Hall, 50 Park Place, Brisbane. Water and sewer bills can also be dropped off at City Hall drop boxes located next to the City Hall parking lot and also on Visitacion Ave. @ Mendocino St.
The City of Brisbane's Finance/Administrative Services Department is responsible for the following services:
- Accounting: Process, record and report citywide financial transactions.
- Accounts Payable: Prepares payment of all city bills including vendors, contractors, consultants, and prepares refunds to customers. Maintains records of all payments and answers inquiries for Finance vendors. Contact individual departments for any other payment inquiries.
- Budgeting and long-term financial planning: Develops and publish the operating and capital budgets bi-annually. Also supports special studies by performing financial, organizational, and policy analyses of issues and programs. Click here to read City's Investment Policy. This letter states the City is represented by an independent registered municipal advisor.
- Business Licenses: Processes business certificates and fees for all new and existing businesses.
- Information Technology: Supports and develops the City's technology infrastructure.
- Revenue Collection: Responsible for the collection of City Revenue generated from sales tax (9%), property tax, transient occupancy tax payments, parking citation payments and miscellaneous accounts receivable invoices.
- Payroll: Prepares salary payment for all employees that work for the City of Brisbane.
- Utility Billing (Water and Sewer Bills): Administers the billing and provides information regarding water and sewer services. Autopay forms are available here if you'd like to have your checking account or credit or debit card set up to be automatically debited each billing period. Just print, complete, and submit the appropriate form to Grace Campbell (email@example.com) at the Finance Counter and never miss a bill again! If you have any questions about how to get set up on Autopay, please call Grace at (415) 508-2154.