- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
The City Clerk is responsible for the preparation of agendas, the recording and maintenance of all Council actions, filing of legal notices, coordination and administration of all City records, documents and public files. Citizens frequently look to the City Clerk's Office for general information regarding the City organization. The City Clerk is also the Elections Officer for the City. In this capacity, the City Clerk administers all election tasks required for Municipal Elections, receives nomination papers and verifies signatures with the Registrar of Voters.
Staff and Contact Info
- Sheri Spedacci | City Clerk
- Wendy Ricks | Deputy City Clerk
- (415) 508-2113
City Council Election 2013
The filing period for nomination papers and candidate statements is July 15 to August 9, 2013. The period gets extended to August 14, 2013 if a qualified incumbent fails to file. The nomination papers are to be obtained from the City Clerk and an appointment is recommended. For more information please contact Sheri Spediacci at 415-508-2113 or at email@example.com
San Mateo County Candidate Seminars
July 10, 2013 at 2pm
July 22, 2013 at 10am
Data Seminar is July 25 at 2pm
Candidate Seminars to be offered by the County Elections Office, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
Voter registration forms may be obtained at the Brisbane Post Office, the Brisbane Library, or Brisbane City Hall. Simply fill out the postcard and mail it to the San Mateo County Elections Office, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. Telephone: 650-312-5222. You can check your status at their website on the home page.
You must be a citizen of the United States and 18 years of age or older to vote.
- Each time you move to a new address, you must re-register to vote.
- In order to vote in any specific election, you must be registered 29 days prior to that election.
- You should not consider yourself registered until you receive a Voter Notification Card by return mail.
- If you register by mail and do NOT receive a Voter Notification Card within two weeks, call the County Clerk at 650-312-5222 to report it.
- If you will be unable to go to your polling place on election day, contact the County Clerk at 650-312-5222 prior to the election and request an Absentee Voter Ballot.
- Check the official San Mateo shapethefuture.org website for lots of information on voter registration.